The site located at http://www.confirm.com.au is a web site (site) owned and operated by The State of Queensland through CITEC, a commercial business of the Department of Public Works (“CITEC”).
The site is established for the purposes of providing site users with details and information regarding the corporate and commercial business operations of CITEC.
The contents of the site, including but not limited to the text and images therein, and unless otherwise noted, are the copyrighted material of The State of Queensland through CITEC, a commercial business of the Department of Public Works. Copyright © CITEC. All rights reserved. All trademarks referred to through the site are the property of their respective owners.
Your access to and use of the site is subject to the following terms and conditions and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing the site, you accept, without limitation or qualification, the terms and conditions and acknowledge that any other understanding or agreement between you and CITEC with respect to the site are superseded and of no force or effect.
Terms and conditions
1. Use of the site
- You should assume that everything you see or read on the site is copyrighted and may not be used except as provided in these terms and conditions or through the text on the site without the written permission of CITEC, unless otherwise noted. CITEC neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials displayed on the site will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with CITEC.
- Site information may be changed or updated by CITEC without notice.
- While CITEC uses all reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date site information, CITEC makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of such information. CITEC assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in respect to the contents of the information on the site.
- Your use of and browsing of the site is conducted at your own risk.
2. Liability and warranties
- Site information is provided to you "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non infringement.
- CITEC does not warrant that the site, various services provided through the site, and any information, software or other material downloaded from the site, will be uninterrupted, error free or free of viruses or other harmful components.
- CITEC assumes no responsibility, and shall not be held liable for any special, incidental or consequential damages, including without limitation, any lost revenue, lost profits or third party claims resulting from the use or misuse of the site, even if CITEC has been advised of the possibility of such damages or claims by another party.
- Links on the site may lead to other servers or sites maintained by parties other than CITEC. CITEC has no control over and makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy, timeliness, suitability or any other aspect of the information located at such servers or sites, and neither monitors nor endorses such servers or sites and their content.
- Images of people or places displayed on the site are either the property of, or used with permission by, CITEC. The use of such images by you, or anyone authorised by you is strictly prohibited unless specifically permitted by these terms and conditions, or permission is granted elsewhere on the site.
5. Trademarks and logos
- The name "CITEC", “CITEC Confirm”, “Confirm” and the CITEC logo are the registered trademarks of CITEC acting in its capacity as a commercialised business of the Queensland Government. Any other trademarks or logos found on the site belong to their respective owners. Nothing contained on the site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppels, or otherwise any licence or right to use any trademark displayed on the site without the prior written permission of CITEC or any such party that owns the trademark displayed on the site. CITEC will enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- CITEC may at any time review and vary these terms and conditions by updating this posting. You will be bound by the most current terms and conditions every time you visit the site therefore CITEC suggests that you periodically review these terms and conditions to which you are bound.
7. Law and jurisdiction
- The contents of the site are governed by the laws of the State of Queensland with any claims, whether arising directly or indirectly out of any materials contained on the site being subject to the laws of same.
8. Personal information