CITEC Confirm is pleased to be returning once again to the Law Institute of Victoria (LIV) CPD Intensive in 2019.
This year’s CPD Intensive is giving legal practitioners the opportunity to obtain points in all mandatory compliance areas in a single day.
Designed by legal education experts, the 2019 Intensive will provide comprehensive education and insights into future developments in the legal profession. Five full-day streams will be held concurrently at the Sofitel with approximately 500 delegates in attendance:
1 – Commercial Law Intensive
Specifically designed for practitioners who specialise in commercial and business transactions, this annual conference will provide the opportunity to strengthen your expertise in a range of critical areas while obtaining CPD units in each of the key compliance areas.
- Comprehensive case law and legislation update
- Responding to trade mark registration infringements
- The increasing importance of privacy and data protection in the context of the EU General Data Protection Regulation
- Continued advancement of technology in commercial law practice
- The right approach to business sale agreements
- Tax issues, including GST and duties in a commercial context
2 – Family Law Intensive
Guided by case study analysis, this conference will provide a breadth of strategic knowledge across family law, addressing critical implications to daily practice, while providing CPD units in each of the key compliance areas.
- Recent case law developments
- Consequences that may arise from family law consent orders
- Electronic recordings
- Best practice model for dealing with self-represented litigants
- E-conveyancing: Tips and traps
- Ethical dilemmas common to family lawyers
3 – Property Law Intensive
It can be a challenge to keep abreast of the continually changing landscape of property law. This annual conference will shed clarity on key developments and recent updates, while providing CPD units in each of the key compliance areas.
- Comprehensive property practice case law and legislative update
- How easements and restrictive covenants in Victorian property transactions have been influenced by the implementation of electronic conveyancing
- The combustible cladding controversy: How it has been addressed in the property and building industries and the potential impact on the interests of you your clients
- What’s new in commercial and retail leasing
- Negotiating the complexities of the property taxation landscape
- Cyber security and risk management advice
4 – Personal Injury Law Intensive
Obtain CPD units in each of the key compliance areas at this essential annual conference. Designed specifically for personal injury practitioners and accredited specialists, this conference will focus on emerging trends and critical practice updates.
- My Health Record: Laws and regulations, recent controversies and practical insights
- Preparing clients and witnesses to give evidence
- Key TAC and WorkCover developments
- Ethical marketing for personal injury lawyers
- Time limit applications: General principles, preparing and defending time limit applications
- Uniform Law costs update
5 – Succession Law Intensive
Update your knowledge across topical succession and elder law practice considerations, network with peers and obtain CPD units in each of the key compliance areas at this annual, full-day conference.
- Recent decisions and legislation updates affecting succession and elder law practice
- Developments in superannuation law, including trusts deeds, death benefits, binding nominations, and the new Australian Financial Complaints Authority
- Executor’s Commissions: Getting the basics right
- Ethical obligations, client capacity and powers of attorney
- Tax issues for testamentary trust wills
- Navigating common costs issues facing succession lawyers
Our friendly Melbourne team will be at Booth 3. Ask us about our County Court Smart Writ product – we’re offering attendees the chance to win a prize as part of a business card draw, so don’t miss out.
We hope to see you there!