When is an electronic Notice of Sale (eNOS) used?

NSW Land Registry Services uses the data on notices of sale to notify relevant rating authorities (for example, local council and water authorities) of a change in ownership or name of owner(s).

You can only use NSW eNOS for Torrens title properties.

For transactions that involve a change of ownership of old system land, you’ll need a paper notice of sale form to lodge.

How do I create my eNOS?

On the Create/Update eNOS screen, enter your reference for the transaction.

Next, enter the notice of sale details.

1. Enter the primary title reference

If the contract of sale involves more than one title, you only need to complete one eNOS. Enter the first title affected in your dealing.

2. Select a category from the drop-down list

Category Select this option…
Sale Only where the property was acquired for a sum of money (This doesn’t include transfers for nominal consideration, for example $1. In this instance, use Change of name/no value category.)
Change of name When a change of name of the registered proprietor/s occurs or if the property was acquired for no value (including transfers for no consideration or nominal value)
Survivorship If a surviving joint tenant acquires the property
Will or intestacy If the property was acquired by way of a will, probate or letters of administration
Court order If the property was acquired by an order of court
Other If the property was acquired by any other means

3. Complete the property details

  • Enter the address of the property in the fields available.
  • Select the property transfer method (to the tenant, with vacant possession, with the existing tenant).
  • Enter the area of the property, and the unit of measure, in m2 or hectares. If more than one title exists, enter the total area of all titles in the contract of sale.
  • Select the property type (vacant land, residence or other).
  • Enter the property type description (the full address of the property being acquired).

4. Complete the service of notices details

  • Enter the name of a person or organisation to whom the official notices such as local council rates are to be addressed after the property is acquired.
  • Select ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ to indicate whether the owner is the agent.
  • If the address for service of notices is the same as the property address, select ‘Yes’. If not, select ‘No’ and enter the details in the fields available.

Local councils and other government authorities use the address for service of notices to issue rates notices, valuations, and so on, to property owners.

5. Complete the transaction details

  • Enter the purchase price. If multiple properties are on the contract of sale, enter the total amount for all properties.
  • Select the relevant tick boxes if the purchase price ‘includes items which were not fixed improvements’ or ‘includes land not in the accompanying instrument’.
  • Enter the contract date. If you can’t determine the contract date, enter the same date as the settlement date.
  • Enter the settlement date. If the settlement date is unknown, leave this field blank. The eNOS will have a status of incomplete, until you’ve added this date.
  • Enter the acquisition date. For eNOS categories other than sale, refer to the below guidelines.
  • Enter the share of title. If the whole of the vendor’s interest in the property is transferred or acquired, this field isn’t required.

Category Information required
Change of name Date of change of name or date of the dealing.
Survivorship Date of death of the deceased joint tenant.
Will or intestacy Date of grant of probate or letters of administration.
Court order Date of the order if a vesting order was made. Otherwise, enter the execution date of the transfer pursuant to the order.
Other Date of execution of the dealing or instrument if no other date is applicable.

6. Transferee or agent details

  • Enter agent’s name (the solicitor, conveyancer, and so on). If the purchaser (transferee) is acting on their own behalf, enter the purchaser’s contact details.
  • Enter a valid email and phone number (include STD area code). You can enter a mobile number.
  • Enter the agent reference.
  • Enter the agent’s or transferee’s street address or DX number and exchange.

Once you’ve entered all the details, submit your eNOS application.

The eNOS result summary will display, including the eNOS ID and passkey. The eNOS report will also be available to download.

Can I check my eNOS before lodgement?

Yes, after you submit your NSW eNOS, a summary report will be available.

Please check all the details. If you find any errors, you can select Update eNOS to make changes before your dealing becomes registered.

You’ll need your eNOS ID and passkey to access your eNOS form.

Do I need to remember the ID and passkey?

Yes, you must keep a record of your eNOS ID and passkey, so that you can update the eNOS if needed.

The codes are unique to your property transaction, and new codes are issued for each new eNOS you create.

Is the eNOS ID used on any other documents?

Yes, the eNOS ID you receive for your property transaction must also be recorded on the associated dealing form to be lodged for registration at NSW Land Registry Services.

What if there is more than one title in my transaction?

Even if your transaction involves more than one title, you only need to complete one eNOS.

To do this:

  1. Enter the first title affected in your dealing in the ‘Title reference’ field.
  2. Enter the total amount for all titles in a single contract of sale in the ‘Purchase price’ field.
  3. Enter the total area of all titles in a single contract of sale in the ‘For area of property’ field.

Can I update my eNOS?

Yes, you can access and update your eNOS form at any time before the registration of your documents. Just use your eNOS ID and passkey and select ‘Update eNOS’.

What happens to my eNOS after I complete it?

Your eNOS will be stored in the NSW Land Register Services (NSW LRS) system awaiting lodgement of the matching dealing.

NSW LRS staff will retrieve and check your eNOS as part of the dealing registration process.

Can I change my eNOS after my dealing becomes registered?

No, once your dealing becomes registered, you can’t make changes to the relevant eNOS. You can view the information you provided using the eNOS ID and passkey you received for your transaction.

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Our Customer Service Centre is here to help you between 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday.

Phone 1800 773 773
Email confirm@citec.com.au

For more information on how to search, view our NSW land searches user guide.