On this page
What is a CITEC Confirm profile?
The CITEC Confirm profile is a set of stored delivery information that is used when requesting document ordering services.
A link to modify your delivery profile is available on the ‘Account information’ page.
Why are profiles used?
Some Confirm services don’t deliver results immediately online. You can receive results via email, post, fax, download and document eXchange.
The profile area in the document ordering systems enables you to store your delivery profile information instead of typing it in each time.
Can I have many profiles?
Each profile has a unique name and includes all the details you enter in the profile.
A ‘label’ is also part of the profile details. This label enables one person to easily select from several profiles (for example ‘Mr Jason Smith – Brisbane’ and ‘Mr Jason Smith – Gold Coast’).
For clients who operate from several offices, labels help direct results to the desired location.
What are the differences between your profiles and shared profiles?
This profile system only relates to clients who have an individual user ID-level sign on. Clients who only sign on with an account and password should ignore this section.
If you sign on with an individual user ID, all profiles you create are only visible to you. These are your personal profiles and appear in the drop-down list as ‘Your profiles’, as opposed to the ‘Shared profiles’.
The ‘Shared profiles’ are created by someone signed in at the account level without using a user ID.
When your individual user ID was set up, your administrator set the option that controls if you see shared profiles. Your administrator can change this option.
If you don’t need to see the shared profiles in your list, your administrator can change this for you.
As account-level users create shared profiles, they belong to the account. This means only the administrator can change the profile.
If you’re signed on with a user ID, you can select or copy a shared profile and create one that is yours. However, you cannot change or delete a shared profile when signed on with a user ID.
The profiles that belong to your individual user ID are not visible to:
- another person signed on at the account level
- other user IDs within that account.
What is the default profile?
Your default profile is the one which appears as your profile on the profile selection page. You can still select another profile from your list to use for the transaction you’re doing.
A default profile can speed up your work when you normally use the same profile. You can specify any one of your profiles to be your default.
To set a default profile on the ‘Profile selection’ screen, check the tick-box after you’ve selected the profile. Or, check the tick-box when in the Profile details page.
Only one profile can be your default. When you select a new profile to be your default, the previous default profile will deselect.
How do I create a profile?
If you use profiles for the first time, or you don’t have an existing profile you can modify, you’ll need to create a new profile or copy an existing one.
To create a new profile:
- Select the ‘New’ button, and a blank ‘Profile maintenance’ page displays.
- Enter your delivery details ensuring you enter all fields marked with a ‘*’.
- The title, name and label will be listed as the new profile name in the profile dropdown list.
- Select ‘Save’ to save your new profile details.
To copy an existing profile:
- Highlight the profile you wish to copy and select ‘Copy’.
- The ‘Profile maintenance’ page will display.
- Update profile information and select ‘Save’ to save your new profile details and return to the profile selection screen.
How do I update my profile?
If you sign on with your user ID, then you can only change profiles you’ve created. You cannot change a shared profile.
To update your profile:
- Select the profile of interest from the drop-down list on the ‘Profile selection’ page.
- Select ‘Modify’, and the ‘Profile maintenance’ page will display.
- You may then change any data for that profile.
- Select ‘Save’ to apply the changes.
- The ‘Profile maintenance’ page will close, and the selection list on the ‘Profile selection’ page refreshes.
If you change the fields recipient title, given name(s), surname or label, the profile name in the selection list will change.
Can I delete a profile?
To delete profiles, select the profile from the drop-down list on the ‘Profile selection’ page and ‘Delete’.
Can I temporarily override information?
Yes, you can temporarily override the following information on the ‘Profile selection’ page:
- email details.
This doesn’t replace data stored in the profile. If you need a permanent change to profile details, use the ‘Profile maintenance’ page.