VIN, chassis or engine number search
What information will I get from a Qld VIN, chassis or engine number search?
The Vehicle Information Number (VIN), chassis or engine number search provides valid registration information for motor vehicles, caravans, trailers and vessels registered in Queensland.
The result includes:
- Customer Reference Number (CRN), which the Department of Transport and Main Roads allocates to their customers (in this case a registered owner)
- juvenile flag (N if the registered owner is over 18)
- registered owner’s name, address and gender
- registration details including registration category, status, and expiry date; payment mode, and term (months); and CTP insurance class and insurer
- vehicle details including the VIN, engine number, make, model code, body shape, fuel type, number of cylinders, steering mechanism and tare (kg).
What is the correct format for a VIN, chassis or engine number?
VIN, chassis and engine numbers are made up of letters and numbers in any combination.
How long will it take to receive my results?
The approximate turnaround time for these results is ten business days.
Why don’t registration details return for some plates?
Some registration details are not available due to the ownership nature. For example, Queensland Police Service vehicles won’t display registration details.