What information will I get from a title search?
A WA title search provides a copy of:
- record of certificate of title
- crown lease
- land records
- memorial book.
Details in a result may include:
View a sample title.
What search criteria should I use for a title search?
You’ll need to enter a volume and folio number (title reference). This is the unique identifier allocated to each title.
You can complete a name or address search to retrieve a title reference. The format for a WA title reference should be:
- volume number up to five digits
- followed by a space, / or –
- followed by a folio number up to five digits
- optionally followed by the letter ‘a’ (not present in LR or CL formats).
How long should it take to receive results?
Most results are available immediately online.
Some searches may proceed to a manual process. You’ll receive manually processed results via email within three business days.
How do I view the results?
Results display onscreen and are also available from the Confirm inbox for 30 calendar days.