What information will I get from a title search?
The title search produces a copy of a:
- record of certificate of title
- crown lease
- land records
- memorial book.
You may search for a title using a volume/folio (title reference). Where possible, a successful search may return details such as:
- land description
- registered proprietor
- limitations, interests, encumbrances and notifications
- previous title number
- sketch of land reference
- property street address
- local government area
- a copy of the sketch/plan (except for digital titles or strata plans).
View a sample title.
What search criteria should I use for a title search?
You’ll need to enter a volume/folio (title reference). This is the unique identifier allocated to each title.
If needed, you can do a name or address search to retrieve the volume/folio. The format to enter a volume/folio should be:
- volume number up to five digits
- followed by a space, / or –
- followed by a folio number up to five digits
- optionally followed by the letter ‘a’ (this suffix must not be present for LR or CL formats).
- CL579 1992
- 1502 599
How long should it take for results to return?
Most results are available immediately online. However, if a search requires manual processing, results may take up to three business days to return.
How do I view the results?
Results display on-screen and are also available from the CITEC Confirm inbox for 30 calendar days.
However, you’ll receive manually processed results via email.