Street address search
On this page
What information will I get from a street address search?
A NSW street address search will provide the title reference for the street address you enter.
The title reference will have one of the following formats:
- deposited plan (lot/plan – for example, 20/20424 or lot/section/plan – for example, 12/55/700123)
- strata plan (CP/SPxxxxx – for example, CP/SP12345).
You can also complete a title or a historical title search on the required property address via the relevant links. Please note that extra charges apply for these searches.
How do I enter street address details correctly?
Once you enter a valid suburb, a list of related streets will display.
What if I’m unsure of which suburb/town the property is in?
You’ll receive results for the suburb/town that you select and all adjacent areas with the same postcode.
Can I use a wildcard in my search criteria?
No, wildcards can’t be used.
When selecting a suburb, enter at least the first two letters. This will provide all suburbs starting with those letters.
- ‘Ma’ returns Mabins Well, Macarthur Square, Macdonalds Creek, and so on.
- ‘Manly’ returns Manly, Manly East, Manly Vale, and so on.
- ‘Manly East’ returns Manly East.
How do I enter a street name?
Once you enter a valid suburb, click ‘Select street’, and a list of streets in that suburb will display.
Can I search for a unit or floor numbers?
No, you don’t need to include unit or floor numbers in your search. A search will return all unit numbers for a street address.
What are the rules for matching street numbers?
The rules to enter a street address are as follows:
- If you don’t include a street number, you’ll receive all title references in that street that don’t have street numbers.
- If you include ‘13’, you’ll receive all street numbers containing 13 (for example, 13, 13A, 13–15, or 1–25).
- If you include 13A, you’ll receive all street numbers that exactly match.
How will I receive my result?
The search result displays immediately and is available in your Confirm inbox. You can also choose to receive your result via email.
To access your Confirm inbox, follow the links in the Confirm header. You can revisit your result anytime within 28 days without incurring an extra cost.
For more information on how to use your Confirm inbox, visit our Getting started page.