What is a plan inquiry?
A NSW plan inquiry provides details on specific deposited plans (DP) and strata plans (SP) that have been lodged in the Integrated Titling System.
What information will I get from a plan inquiry?
A NSW plan inquiry result will show:
- plan number and plan category
- plan purpose and title system
- lot numbers
- number of sheets in the plan
- registration date of the plan
- strata development statements
- strata development contracts
- developers by-laws
- type of model by-laws (for example, commercial/retail, residential, industrial, mixed use and other as defined in the strata legislation)
- number of s88B easements (S=single, M=multiple or the number 1, 2, 3)
- number of s88B releases (S=single, M=multiple or the number 1, 2, 3).
The plan inquiry can also show the following.
Community plan associated documents
- Management statement
- Development contracts
- Surveyor name and reference
Council approval details
- Council name
- Indicator (*) if the council has changed since plan registration
- Approval date
- Approval number
- Plan parish and country
View a sample plan inquiry result.
What is the correct format for a plan number?
A valid plan has a plan type and plan number. A plan type can be:
- DP (deposited plan)
- SP (strata plan).
For example, Plan DP270300 consists of plan type DP and plan number 270300.
How do I receive my result?
The result displays immediately and is available in your Confirm inbox. You can also choose to receive your result via email.
To access your Confirm inbox, follow the links in the Confirm header. You can revisit your result anytime within 28 days without incurring an extra cost.
For more information on how to use your Confirm inbox, view our Getting started page.