Company file current or comprehensive
On this page
What information will I get from a company file current search?
You’ll receive details which may include:
- summary ABN information as provided by the Australian Business Registry, such as ABN number, trading name and status
- yes/no flag indicating adverse information on the Equifax file, such as defaults, mercantile enquiries, judgements, writs, external administration or petitions
- company details such as name, start date, ACN, type of company
- registered office and principal place of business
- current office holders (secretaries and directors) names, addresses, dates of birth and appointment dates
- share structure and shareholders
- documents lodged with ASIC.
What extra information will I get from a company file comprehensive search?
You’ll receive the following additional details:
- previous registered offices and principal places of business
- previous office holders (secretaries and directors) names, addresses, dates of birth and appointment dates.
What information should I enter as search criteria?
Enter the ACN or ABN number.
What is the correct format for an ACN?
A valid ACN (Australian Company Number) has 9 digits. Don’t include spaces.
What is the correct format for an ABN?
A valid ABN (Australian Business Number) has 11 digits. Don’t include spaces.
What if no result returns for my search?
If no results match the criteria you enter, an error message will display advising of an invalid ACN or ABN number.
Where are my searches stored and for how long?
Company file searches are stored in the Confirm inbox for 30 calendar days.
How do I order an ASIC document that is listed on my company file result?
Go to ASIC and Business Names Searches, Document Order. For more details, view ASIC document order support.
CITEC Confirm is an independent distributor of Equifax searches and is in no way related to Equifax.